Sunday, April 17, 2011

Electronic Music Innovations


Electronic Music Innovations
By: Kevin C. Ortiz
April 17, 2011

The composer and Technical innovator for electronic music that I am picking to write about is M.I.A. Her innovation on electric music was very big. Although she was making music for a while know she just started to get big about 3 years ago in the united stated. Originally from Mitcham, South London in the United Kingdom her music spread to the united stated with much help from a movie called pineapple express. Her song paper plains blow up after being used for the Pineapple Express movie taller. Her impact on the pop and electric music genre was very big. Bringing hip hop, alternative dance, electronic, world, alternative, and avant garde combinations is amazing. Artists all over from all different genres cover her electronic beats. Including little Wayne and Jay Z with the beat Airplanes. The characteristics of her music are all over the place. She had her up beat dance music that will make you move. She likes very fast electronic music beats. Her lyrics are very witty. She talks about all different aspects of life. She talks about the good life and talks about the bad life. Sometimes she combined both fiction and reality. The impression she has had on me was a good one.  I love her beats and her vocals. She is talking about American things that everyone can relate to but with her London accent that is what makes the song. I have listened to a lot of her mainstream pop music that incorporates electronic music very well. Also some of her mix tapes are done very good, some of them do not even sound like a mix tape. Some of them can be albums. She was influenced by a lot of electronic music and put her own spin on things. Now she is inspiring a lot of people with her sound.


http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M.I.A._%28artist%29

1 comment:

  1. M.I.A. is definitely an amazing artist. I have followed her for years and I'm happy the world is finally noticing her talent. She is a British born Sri Lankan singer-songwriter, rapper, and record producer. I think that she really captures that Sri Lankan vibe in her music. From her early childhood years, when she lived there, she must have picked up some great ritualistic instruments, chants, etc. I love that she combines elements of hip-hop, electronica, dance, alternative and world music... Your post was very inspiring. I'm glad she has impacted you with her music and views. She's a very cool girl. I'm excited to see where her career takes her.

    ReplyDelete